Be sure to visit Star Valley online at www.starvalley.com for a calendar of local events, travel services, dining and shopping. Also visit www.starvalleyweather.com for a complete and accurate weather forecast.
The Dana’s list of the Top 10 Things to do in Star Valley:
- Raft the Snake River with Jackson Hole Whitewater. Phone 1-800-700-RAFT or visit www.jacksonholewhitewater.com for prices and available packages.
- Spend the day golfing in beautiful Star Valley Ranch. Visit http://www.svrawy.com/golf/ and http://starvalleyranchresort.com/?page_id=18 for course information and rates. Just 15 minutes to the south, Afton has a brand new Johnny Miller golf course. Visit Star Valley View online here http://www.starvalleyviewgolf.com/index.cfm?ID=1 for course information and to book a tee time online.
- Go horseback riding. Contact the following for more information:Alpine Outdoors Phone (307) 880-7433
Flying W Horse Service
Phone (307) 880-8323
Wolfley Horse Rentals
Phone (307) 880-2771
Jackson Hole Recreation ( unguided – also rents ATVs)
Phone: (307) 654-9900
- Fishing Float Trip on the Salt River with Tom Kelley. Phone: (307)883-3269
- Explore the Intermittent Spring and have a picnic lunch at Canyon View Park. Hike into the largest of only three cold water geysers in the world. Watch as the water fluctuates (spring and early summer) or completely shuts off the flow (fall and winter.) Drive four miles on a well-maintained gravel road to the trail head and hike approximately one mile to the box canyon where the springs are located. The scenic Can yon View Park and picnic area is located along Swift Creek on the way to the springs.
- Spend the day in Jackson Hole. Slide down Snow King ski mountain on a summer toboggan. Play miniature golf under the chair lift. Visit http://www.snowking.com/Activities_Summer_AlpineSlide.aspx for more information. In the evening, attend the Bar J Wranglers. They are the number one entertainment attraction in the Jackson area. Eat an authentic chuck wagon dinner and listen to one of the best cowboy musical groups in the whole western United States. A fun and wholesome comedy routine will make you wonder where the time went. Visit www.Barjchuckwagon.com for tickets and information.
- In Jackson Hole, hike Jenny Lake and attend the Jackson Hole Playhouse. Jenny Lake is pristine and the falls under the Tetons are not to be missed. The Jackson Hole Playhouse is one of our favorite family traditions. The plays are always well-done, wholesome, and professional. Visit http://jacksonholeplayhouse.com/ for tickets and information.
- Jackson Hole: The National Museum of Wildlife Art, ride the tram at Teton Village, and have an old time photo taken in Jackson. On the way to Grand Teton National Park, stop and visit this incredible museum. http://www.wildlifeart.org/ After, find out what all of Jackson Hole looks like from the top of the Tetons. http://www.jacksonhole.com/summer-ride-the-tram.html Then take a short ride into town to have your photo taken in authentic western garb. http://antiquephotostudio.com/
- If you are into a little travel and a lot of fun, go to some of the most interesting places in Idaho. Visit Lava Hot Springs, a 90 minute drive from Thayne, to enjoy a beautiful resort town featuring a large pool, waterslides, and natural hot pools. http://antiquephotostudio.com/ Bear World in Rigby, Idaho, also a 90 minute drive, is not to be missed! http://www.yellowstonebearworld.com/
- Valley Tour: See the Sights of Star Valley. Start in Etna with the historic Baker Cabin, see Wyoming’s newest incorporated city, Star Valley Ranch, and visit the show room of the Freedom Arms gun manufacturing plant. Have lunch at one of Thayne’s delicious restaurants. Head towards Auburn and visit the Wyoming fish hatchery, and then attend the pioneer museum, Aviat airplane manufacturing plant, and finish off with a visit to Star Valley Chocolates located by the famous Elkhorn Arch in Afton.
Full day or half day, call for prices. 40 years experience. Fly or bate – all tackle provided.